ONE STEP AHEAD
Inspiration To Move You Forward
Love Every Day - Happiness
In this January, 2010 issue, the topic is Happiness . . .
1. Do you get out of bed every day with excitement about your day? Are you happy? I mean really happy on the inside. Find our how you can love everyday. Read on . . .
ONE STEP AHEAD comes to you monthly to give Value in these uncertain times.
2. Who is Shawn Achor and what is the most popular class at Harvard University?
3. What people, books and videos are inspiring happiness.
4. How can your work place be filled with fun, happy people, even if it is not that way now?
If you like what you read, please DO FORWARD THIS TO A FRIEND. If a friend did forward this to you and if you like what you read, please subscribe by visiting
SHAWN ACHOR is the professor at Harvard University who teaches about Happiness. According to Speakers Platform, Shawn Achor is the winner of over a dozen distinguished teaching awards at Harvard University, where he delivered lectures in the most popular class at Harvard. In 2009 alone, Shawn was invited to lecture in 36 different countries on how positive psychology can raise happines and performance.
He is funny, entertaining and brings the message of hope, not to just college kids at Harvard, but to adults of all walks of life.
Hear a brief message by Shawn Achor.
Click hear for a short Part 1 Message.
Click hear for a short Part 2 Message.
Click hear for a short Part 3 Message.
Books to Inspire
THE TRAVELER'S GIFT by Andy Andrews is the one book which can ROCK YOUR WORLD if you want to get up every morning and LOVE EACH DAY.
Andy Andrews tell the story of a young man who seemingly had everything going against him. Then he goes on an amazing journey which helps him look at seven decisions which change his life.
The book is short, fun to read, and hard to put down.
Success Principle - Napoleon Hill
POLARIS MEDIA GROUPUNBEATEN.
Watch a Quick Promotion of Unbeaten
Health is a Decision
Good Health or Bad Health is your decision. Contrary to what we would like to think, illness and disease does not just happen. It is the result of what we do.
1. REDUCE STRESS - No excuses, just do it. Look at the things you think about. Eliminate some of them that are not serving you well.
As Andy Andrews states in his latest book, THE NOTICER, the character, Jones, tells Walker, a character who is moving through life with little purpose, that "smart people get tripped up with worry and fear." He goes on to say:
40% of all worries are about things that will never happen anyway
30% of all worries are about things that have already happened
12% of all worries have to do with needless imaginings about our health
10% of all worries are petty-little-nothing worries about what other people think.
8% are legitimate concerns
2. EXERCISE - Put it on your daily schedule just like brushing your teeth. You do brush your teeth, right? There are some things you do everyday, include some exercise. There will be more ideas in an upcoming One Step Ahead.
3. EAT A QUALITY DIET - Besides eating protein, good carbohydrates, and good fat, eliminate white flour, white sugar, and soft drinks, for starters.
4. SUPPLEMENT YOUR DIET WITH NUTRIENTS - At the very least, take digestible vitamins, minerals, and quality water. Keep your ph level slightly alkali.
Since you are in CONTROL, you can PAY NOW or PAY LATER.
What that means is that you can choose to be healthy now, or you can spend a lot of time, and money, while experiencing the pain of a diseased body later.
Local Events & Webinars
Coming Soon . . .
CREATING and MAINTAINING a POSITIVE WORK PLACE
What does it take to have a work place where the maximum work is accomplished each day? If you have employers, managers, and employees who truly want to love each day and look forward to going to work, we teach a few principles which when applied, not only increase profits, but make the work place a great place to be. Attend two short seminars which will give you the tools to accomplish this.
Location: Bakersfield, California
Webinars to be arranged
Reply with your interest to this newsletter.
Links Which Give Value
The main concept we want you to understand is that you are in CONTROL of each day. It has been said that "Life is 5% of what happens to us and 95% of how we react to what happens."
Links which give value are resources to explore further on how to move forward ONE STEP AHEAD.
Our first link is on our website and addresses your mindset as a help or a hindrance to your progress toward your ideal life. Sometimes all we need is a different perspective.
More Information about Mindset
Our second website is that of the late Jim Rohn. His life exemplified true happiness and helping others to achieve it. He also was the mentor to many of the great leaders in the field of personal development.
HAPPINESS by Jim Rohn
Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.
Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for.
Happiness is something you design.
How sad to see a father with money and no joy. The man studied economics, but never studied happiness.
The greatest source of unhappiness comes from inside.
Happiness is the art of learning how to get joy from your substance.
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
More Information about Jim Rohn
So what's Next - TAKE ONE STEP AHEAD
1. Clean out ONE closet or drawer.
2. Let go of being "right" and mend a relationship.
3. Apply or ask about a promotion, find a new job that suits you better, or start a new business.
4. Make a Decision! Is there something you have been putting off.
5. Plan a Vacation with your loved ones.
6. Eliminate white flour and sugar today, or Do 20 mins., just 20 mins., of exercise at the gym or even on the Wii.
7. Organize, or get caught up on your finances.
There is a really neat tool to get you organized and able to plan what you are going to do in the future. Click on The Living Balance Sheet® logo below and watch the 4 minute video. This is so cool.
8. Start a Personal Development program to learn about yourself. There are lots of programs which give you information, but the one which I like that really causes you to look inside yourself is Beyond Freedom Evolution by Polaris Media Group.
Comments? Ideas? Feedback? We would love to hear from you. Just reply to this e-zine and tell us what you think!
See you next month!