A word about eating healthy -
There is so much information about nutrition, much of which is contradictory, that it can be very, very confusing. Yet, there are some basic principles which, when followed, will totally add to your success in whatever you do. You will have more energy, be able to think better, and have a general sense of well being that you will not have if you just eat without a plan. I trust Isabel at Beyond Diet.
Donna's Simple Eating Rules
1. As a general rule, the closer you eat to strictly raw organic foods, the healthier you will be. It's great to feel good by avoiding processed foods.
2. Avoid white and brown sugar, white flour, and fried foods. Once that is accomplished, look at avoiding or reducing wheat, corn, and soy. You may also want to avoid milk products as a general rule.
3. Eat REAL food! Shake or smoothies with real food are great. Adding protein powder is fine, but since it can be easier than cooking sometimes, avoid having shakes can become a habit.
4. Eat when you are hungry and for good nutrition, about 5-6 times a day, and find out the root causes for other reasons you eat.
a. Stress (Just identify it and find another outlet.)
b. The food will go to waste. (You would rather it go to your waist?)
c. You don't want to hurt Aunt Susie's feelings by not eating her apple pie. (By the way, she probably will respect you.)
d. The children in a third world country are starving. (Is your eating the food really going to help them. I used to tell my mom when I was little, "Send it to them!")
5. Be aware, even track, what you eat at least a week here or there. If you really want to lose weight, get good nutrition, and track it every day. You just cannot remember and you tell yourself, "I didn't eat that much," when you really DID! The online weight watcher system takes a little planning to get started, but is very fast once you get it set up. In this day and age, it has got to be simple. This will help you to keep track of weird sauces, dressings, and "secret" ingredients that can really add up.
And if you seriously plan to lose weight:
AVOID FAD DIETS! They often have unhealthy eating plans with packaged and processed foods. And, unfortunately, most people gain the weight back and more.
Beyond Diet (Online Community)
Weight Watchers (Offline Community)
Eating Raw Food
Eating raw food is definitely the healthiest way to go and there is an ever increasing amount of people who are changing their diets.
Is it easy! Not in this society of fast food, eating on the run, yada, yada, yada. It takes careful planning. It is, however, like anything else, just a matter of learning what you need to learn about the food, preparation, and shopping, then going through the learning curve of doing it.
My choice for shopping for everyday household products is The Wellness Company, an online shopping company. These are healthy alternatives to major brand products in all areas, Vitamins and Supplements, Cleaning, Pharmaceuticals, Skin Care, Make-up, Hair Care, Bath and Body (Men & Women), Essential Oils, Coffee and Tea, Nutritional Bars and Drinks, Sports Drinks, Shakes and Smoothies, and much more.
Return from Nutrition to Achieve Success
Return from Nutrition to Home Page